General Physical Preparedness
The best foundation for all of a person’s fitness, especially sports specific athletes, is created by increasing General Physical Preparedness (GPP). GPP is being prepared for anything anywhere, anytime using CrossFit’s constantly varied functional movements performed at high intensity. Fitness is achieved by being consistent over time, it is a continual process, a lifetime choice to change your life by going “there” often. “There” is pushing your personal limits. More. Faster. Heavier. Commit to the process
GENERAL PHYSICAL SKILLS
If your goal is optimum physical competence then all the general physical skills must be considered:
1. Cardiovascular/respiratory endurance – The ability of body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen.
2. Stamina – The ability of body systems to process, deliver, store, and utilize energy.
3. Strength – The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units,to apply force.
4. Flexibility – the ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint.
5. Power – The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum time.
6. Speed – The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
7. Coordination – The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
8. Agility – The ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another.
9. Balance – The ability to control the placement of the bodies center of gravity in relation to its support base.
10. Accuracy – The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.
(Ed. – Thanks to Jim Crawleyand Bruce Evans of Dynamax, http://www.medicineballs.com)